Re: fd.c: flush data problems on osx

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stas Kelvich <s(dot)kelvich(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: fd.c: flush data problems on osx
Date: 2016-04-13 21:21:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>> A similar change seems to be needed in initdb.c's pre_sync_fname.

> Hmm, do we need to move this logic into src/common?

I concluded that sharing the code would be more trouble than it's worth,
because initdb.c's version of this is in fact not broken: it was never
taught about mmap, and it doesn't need to be IMO, because it's not that
performance-critical.

I fixed the other things I complained about and pushed this. Please
check to see that the committed patch resolves your original problem.