Re: Problem creating temporary tables . . .

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Rubén Crespo Flores <ruben(dot)crespo1(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem creating temporary tables . . .
Date: 2012-09-20 17:36:20
Lists: pgsql-admin

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Rub=E9n_Crespo_Flores?= <ruben(dot)crespo1(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>>> ERROR: could not find tuple for attrdef 299038853
>>> SQL state: XX000
>>> Context: SQL statement "create temporary table tmp_tablatotlin15 (...

>> Hm ... that's a bit odd, but try reindexing pg_attrdef.

> I tried reindexing pg_attrdef and pg_attribute but the result was the same.

There's something awfully odd about that. A look in the 9.0 sources
says that that specific error text only appears in RemoveAttrDefault
and getObjectDescription - and the latter is only used in error
messages. It's not apparent why a CREATE TABLE operation would either
be dropping column defaults or issuing error messages that cite an
already-existing default. Could you show a complete example of this
behavior?

BTW, please keep the mailing list cc'd, so that more people can help you.