Re: Problems with TCP/IP setup

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Luiz Siqueira <cybersamurai_br(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems with TCP/IP setup
Date: 2005-08-10 15:49:47
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Luiz Siqueira <cybersamurai_br(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br> writes:
> I make the installation of Postgresql 8.0.3 on my Mac
> OS X 2.8 without problems, make the test and the
> database work fine. Now I need enable JDBC connection.
> I followed the instructions in
> (http://developer.apple.com/internet/opensource/postgres.html)
> but right now I'm in a trouble.

> When I put in postgresql.conf the parameter
> tcpip_socket = true I have the database error:

> FATAL: unrecognized configuration parameter
> "tcpip_socket"

Apparently you are reading documentation that applies to Postgres 7.*.
8.0 doesn't have that parameter any more. You probably don't need to
change anything in the 8.0 config file, but if you do, listen_addresses
is the thing to change (set it to '*' if you want to connect to the
database from other machines).