Problems with TCP/IP setup

From: Luiz Siqueira <cybersamurai_br(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems with TCP/IP setup
Date: 2005-08-10 14:39:04
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I make the installation of Postgresql 8.0.3 on my Mac
OS X 2.8 without problems, make the test and the
database work fine. Now I need enable JDBC connection.
I followed the instructions in
(http://developer.apple.com/internet/opensource/postgres.html)
but right now I'm in a trouble.

When I put in “postgresql.conf” the parameter
“tcpip_socket = true” I have the database error:

FATAL: unrecognized configuration parameter
"tcpip_socket"

I'm new with Postgresql and all kind of help will be
appreciated.

Thanks for some help.

http://br.download.yahoo.com/messenger/