Re: upgrade from 7.1.2 to 7.1.3 and uh, where are my

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jerry Asher <jerry(at)theashergroup(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: upgrade from 7.1.2 to 7.1.3 and uh, where are my
Date: 2001-09-04 15:38:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Jerry Asher <jerry(at)theashergroup(dot)com> writes:
> How do I tell postgres where to find my databases?

A -D switch when starting the postmaster is sufficient. If you are not
using one then the configure-time default is assumed. Is it possible
that you built 7.1.3 with a different default than 7.1.2 had, and it's
now running in some other data directory than you think it is?

If you are getting as far as "Database "foo" does not exist in the
system catalog" then the postmaster is in a valid data directory,
but perhaps it's one that's leftover from a test setup, or some such?