Re: Bogosity in contrib/xml2/Makefile

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bogosity in contrib/xml2/Makefile
Date: 2008-05-08 15:36:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Tom, did we come to any conclusion on this?

No, nobody suggested anything :-(

As I said, I think we can just drop the assignment to CFLAGS in HEAD
and 8.3, relying on configure to get it right.

After looking at the pgxs documentation, I think that the right
thing is to set PG_CPPFLAGS rather than CFLAGS from
the output of xml2-config --cflags. That should work for as far
back as we were using pgxs, anyway.