Re: Database Connect

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michaël Fiey <m(dot)fiey(at)futuresoundtech(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database Connect
Date: 2001-04-20 14:26:18
Lists: pgsql-general

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Micha=EBl_Fiey?= <m(dot)fiey(at)futuresoundtech(dot)com> writes:
> But whan I start psql with the command 'psql mybase(at)myhost' I receive :
> psql: FATAL 1: Database "mybase(at)myhost" does not exist in system catalog

This syntax isn't supported.

> I used this syntax with Postgresql 7.03.

There was some undocumented and mostly-broken code in libpq that tried
to be fancy about interpreting database names to mean more than just a
database name. I don't recall all the arguments for taking it out
versus trying to fix and document it, but the upshot was we took it out.