Slow running query with to increase efficiency? with index?

From: fox7 <ale_shark7(at)yahoo(dot)it>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Slow running query with to increase efficiency? with index?
Date: 2009-10-27 22:11:31
Lists: pgsql-general
I'm a new user...
First of all excuse me for the bad english... :confused:
I have a great problem!
I have to do some little query with views, but the views contain thousand
and thousand of records.
Searching online I have found somthing about view index, but I don't know
the right syntax for PostgreSQL.
I have tries this:
CREATE INDEX View1_index
  ON View1
  USING btree

It isn't correct because this syntax is for tables, instead View1 is a view.
Do you know the syntax to create view index?
thanks a lot
Sent from the PostgreSQL - general mailing list archive at

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Rhys A.D. StewartDate: 2009-10-27 22:37:10