Re: inconsistent results querying table partitioned by date

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: inconsistent results querying table partitioned by date
Date: 2019-05-16 20:37:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I wrote:
> So, the changes in gen_prune_steps_from_opexps seem okay, but
> the change in perform_pruning_base_step is just wrong,

I went ahead and pushed the non-controversial part of that patch,
just to avoid carrying it around longer.

I propose that we use the attached test cases once we have a fix
for the remaining problem. The results shown are the wrong answers
that HEAD produces. Amit's patch fixes the first case but not the
second, since substituting equality semantics is the right thing
to do in only the first case.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
test-case.patch text/x-diff 2.8 KB