Re: Libpq support for precision and scale

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Fernando Nasser <fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Fernando Nasser <fnasser(at)cygnus(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Liam Stewart <liams(at)cygnus(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Libpq support for precision and scale
Date: 2002-03-08 01:53:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

BTW, I also had a bunch of concerns having to do with odd-seeming
choices about what information would be wired into libpq and what
would be retrieved at runtime from the backend. I don't recall the
details at the moment, but I want to raise a flag that that is still
an issue for me. I'd like to see some explicit design decisions
about what information will be treated in which way.