Re: pgsql: Adjust script to be consistent (thanks Tom for the fix).

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Adjust script to be consistent (thanks Tom for the fix).
Date: 2007-11-13 03:12:46
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Pray tell, why do you think it's a good idea to not have version labels
>> in the contrib scripts?

> If we want them, they should be in all of them.

+1 for putting the label in all of them --- these files end up "loose"
in user installations, so having a clear version identity on them seems
like a Real Good Idea.

> I am worried slightly
> that a version label will make the SET search_path harder to find, though.

The documentation already says "first command", and there is already
one comment in front of that. I don't think having two comments in
front of it will deter anyone smart enough to be installing contrib
modules into nonstandard schemas.