Re: tuple properties out of TupleTableSlot

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Schoudel, Brian" <BrianS(at)uillinois(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: tuple properties out of TupleTableSlot
Date: 2004-12-13 16:25:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Schoudel, Brian" <BrianS(at)uillinois(dot)edu> writes:
> Just for testing, I stuffed it into ExecEvalVar under the switch statement in execQual.c. This was a chosen spot I was fairly certain I could get some kind of output.

Oh. In that case you're probably going to be looking at a tupledesc
that was synthesized by ExecTypeFromTL from a targetlist constructed by
the planner --- and except at the top level of the plan, the planner
doesn't bother to assign column names to generated targetlist entries.
So I'd expect you always get empty-string names, unless you test with a
trivial one-node scan plan.