Re: Async Commit, v21 (now: v22)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Async Commit, v21 (now: v22)
Date: 2007-08-01 22:54:47
Lists: pgsql-patches
> Here's v23, including all suggested changes, plus some reworking of the
> transaction APIs to reduce the footprint of the patch.

Applied with some editorialization --- I found a few bugs, as well as
things that seemed they could be neater.  Notable was that the patch
would have significantly increased the contention for CLogControlLock by
requiring two lock cycles to fetch a transaction's commit status and
LSN.  I changed it so that TransactionIdGetStatus returns both pieces
of information.