Re: encrypt/decrypt problem

From: "Ivan" <perseus(at)444(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: encrypt/decrypt problem
Date: 2003-04-29 19:23:52
Lists: pgsql-general

thanx Dennis G. for ur patience hehehe, i made the encryption/decryption,
this are the 2 sentences

for encrypt some field:

UPDATE tabla2 SET lastname = encrypt(lastname, 'pass', 'bf') where
apellido = 'noriega';

and for retrieve the decrypt info:

SELECT decrypt(lastname, 'pass', 'bf') as "LastName" from tabla2 where
apellido = 'noriega';

thanx all!!!!

ivan