Re: Maintaining the list of release changes

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Maintaining the list of release changes
Date: 2002-02-12 21:29:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> Such a file would be just as readily found as release.sgml, possibly
>> more so.

> Do you have a suggestion for a name and where to put the file. Will it be
> removed or cleared before releases?

I think it should live in .../doc, same as TODO. Not picky about name.

I don't think we should remove the file; removing and re-adding it will
probably do strange things to CVS history. One could argue about
whether we even need to clear it. Might be best to ship it as-is in
the release, and then clear it *after* the next version branch.