Re: Cross Compile

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: MicazMAK <emoazzam(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cross Compile
Date: 2007-04-02 04:23:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

MicazMAK <emoazzam(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> I am trying to cross compile postgresql for ARM platform. I am configure it on my linux enironment. Configure is done without any errors but when I make it gives me error like cannot execute binary file.

Offhand I'd think that "make" should work but "make install" would have
a problem because it tries to run "zic" which will have been built for
the target platform. The easiest solution might be to copy over zic
and the timezone data files, and do that step on the target. Or you
could recompile zic for the source platform (it doesn't need to get
installed).

If that's not it, you need to provide more details.