Re: BUG #1931: ILIKE and LIKE fails on Turkish locale

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo(at)ttnet(dot)net(dot)tr>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1931: ILIKE and LIKE fails on Turkish locale
Date: 2006-09-05 14:35:37
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-tr-genel

Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo(at)ttnet(dot)net(dot)tr> writes:
> Looks like regex code needs same modifications done to ILIKE command.

Regex is still broken but I don't think the same fix is feasible -- we
can't blindly downcase the strings outside the regex package (consider
embedded ARE options). And even if we did that, it would fix only one
aspect of regex's locale dependence. The only real fix is to
de-lobotomize the locale-specific functions in regc_locale.c, and then
you run up against the same problem that pg_wchar may or may not use the
same representation that the <wchar.h> functions expect. So I fear
regex will have to stay as it is until we have our own locale support.