Re: polite request about syntax

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Ricardo Malafaia" <rmalafaia(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: polite request about syntax
Date: 2006-09-15 14:32:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Ricardo Malafaia" <rmalafaia(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Sorry, but "datetime" vs "timestamp with time zone"?! And what about
> the whole function text between $$'s? Yes, better than the '' of some
> time ago, since we don't have to put string literals in the function
> text between '''''s! still...

"timestamp with time zone" is required by the SQL standard. If you'd
like to use "datetime" as an alias for it, a quick CREATE DOMAIN will do
that for you. As for the $$ bit, do you have a constructive suggestion?

> Why are open-source developers so masochist?

You seem to be confusing a database with a point-and-drool GUI. We have
those too (see pgAdmin for instance, or three or four others), but raw
psql is not designed to make Windows users happy.