Re: wiki.postgresql.org is awfully slow this evening

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: wiki.postgresql.org is awfully slow this evening
Date: 2008-09-04 16:25:56
Lists: pgsql-www

"Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com> writes:
> Fair enough, I withdraw the dedicated box request. Can we perhaps separate
> the wiki then, so we don't have a repeat of yesterday? Maybe put wiki
> or git onto one of the more lightly loaded physical boxes?

I think the real bottom line here is that our (meaning the developers')
use of and dependence on the wiki has increased enormously over the past
few months, meaning that it's time to put it on beefier hardware. The
VM/jail setup was intended to make exactly that sort of thing easy, no?

(I'm not sure if the above statement is actually true, or if this was
just a one-time occurrence. But I'd certainly vote for moving the wiki
if it's getting at all resource-starved.)