Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Date: 2005-05-05 16:20:25
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> On Thu, 5 May 2005, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Can you have the same tags across different modules in the same CVS
>> server? If so, that would work.

> I believe that I can made a 'meta module' that, if I checked it out, would
> include all sub-modules, and that I can tag/branch appropriately ... if
> not, its just a matter of looping through each at the same time, a little
> more work, but not much more ...

Probably not worth the trouble compared to just putting them as
separate top-level directories in the checkout tree. Our last
experiment with multiple modules didn't go very well.

One thought here --- would we also separate out the documentation for
them? That would have some negative effects (make the documentation
less seamless) but I'm not sure we'd have any choice.