Short Term Consulting Position in Seattle

From: Anand Chelian <anand(at)evri(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Short Term Consulting Position in Seattle
Date: 2009-09-08 23:52:01
Lists: pgsql-jobs

We are looking for a consultant to come in to look at an existing installation.

The problem is that one of our databases has lost the ability to backup using pg_dump. (The error we get is pg_dump: schema with OID <number> does not exist. The fix involves restoring from backup or manipulating the administrative tables. Of course, the backup has been corrupted before we noticed.)

We would like to have someone take a look at the database and see if they can fix it, as well as look over our procedures for backup and restore.

This would be a one to two day consulting job, located in downtown Seattle at the Evri.com offices near Pioneer Square.

Please reply to this e-mail if interested and available.

Thank you,

Anand Chelian