Re: Cygwin 7.1RC2 timestamp Regression Test Failures

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com
Cc: Pgsql-Ports <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cygwin 7.1RC2 timestamp Regression Test Failures
Date: 2001-04-02 22:33:40
Lists: pgsql-ports

Jason Tishler <Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com> writes:
> While running the regression tests to investigate other issues, I noticed
> a repeated failure that I had not seen before 7.1RC2. The timestamp
> test now always fails. See attached for details.

See
http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/postgres/regress.html#AEN14359

Specifically:

: Some of the queries in the "timestamp" test will fail if you run the
: test on the day of a daylight-savings time changeover, or the day before
: or after one. These queries assume that the intervals between midnight
: yesterday, midnight today and midnight tomorrow are exactly twenty-four
: hours -- which is wrong if daylight-savings time went into or out of
: effect meanwhile.