Re: Report: race conditions in WAL replay routines

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Report: race conditions in WAL replay routines
Date: 2012-02-05 23:14:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Please post the patch rather than fixing directly. There's some subtle
> stuff there and it would be best to discuss first.

And here's a proposed patch for not throwing ERROR during replay of DROP
TABLESPACE. I had originally thought this would be a one-liner
s/ERROR/LOG/, but on inspection destroy_tablespace_directories() really
needs to be changed too, so that it doesn't throw error for unremovable
directories.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
replay-drop-ts.patch text/x-patch 7.3 KB