Re: PostgreSQL downloads compressed with bzip2 instead of

From: Joel Rodrigues <borgempath(at)Phreaker(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL downloads compressed with bzip2 instead of
Date: 2003-03-23 19:03:31
Lists: pgsql-general

I keep all downloads as bzip2 compressed archives on my drive in
case (!:-) I ever need to re-install/re-compile. So, you see it
*does* minimize required disk space.

To suggest that an untarred, decompressed bzip2 archive would
need less space than if it had been compressed using any other
algorithm, would be an odd suggestion indeed.

- Joel