Re: External Large objects what became of them

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Willis, Ian (Ento, Canberra)" <Ian(dot)Willis(at)ento(dot)csiro(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: External Large objects what became of them
Date: 2000-11-20 05:42:29
Lists: pgsql-general

"Willis, Ian (Ento, Canberra)" <Ian(dot)Willis(at)ento(dot)csiro(dot)au> writes:
> Does anyone know what the status of external large objects is?

Not sure what you consider an "external" large object is. 7.0.* has
a few remnants of what apparently used to be support for three or four
kinds of large objects, but the code was nowhere close to working
even if it weren't #define'd out. I ripped the remnants out for 7.1;
all that's left is the "standard" kind of LO. The "standard" kind has
been reimplemented a lot more efficiently, courtesy of Denis Perchine,
if that makes you feel any better...