Re: pg_dump behaviour changed in 7.1.3?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Christian Schröder <cs(at)theta-soft(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump behaviour changed in 7.1.3?
Date: 2002-01-17 15:24:16
Lists: pgsql-general

I wrote:
> Christian =?iso-8859-1?Q?Schr=F6der?= <cs(at)theta-soft(dot)de> writes:
>> I've encountered a problem during use of pg_dump: The database contains
>> several tables and some referential integrities between them, i.e. some
>> triggers. We use a pg_dump to backup the database to a file. Now I
>> noticed that the dump doesn't contain the triggers!

> [ thinks ... ] Are these triggers on plain tables, or views?

Er, scratch that: views don't have triggers. Not usefully, anyway.

Still, I can't see any change between 7.1.2 and 7.1.3 that would affect
dumping of triggers. We did rejigger dumping of views, which is what
led to my question. I don't really believe it's a permissions issue
as you seem to think --- a permission violation would lead to an
outright error. I think you're going to have to delve into it yourself
and try to figure out why pg_dump isn't seeing those triggers.