Re: Patch Submission Guidelines

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch Submission Guidelines
Date: 2006-02-14 22:28:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

> How much time would you need? I think having every patch built before
> anyone even looks at the code would sort out most of the issues I
> mentioned.

If I ran a buildfarm machine, I'd turn it off immediately if anyone
proposed setting up a system that would cause it to run code no one
had vetted... so I don't think the above will fly. It might or might
not be worth doing something with patches that have passed some kind
of initial review but aren't yet applied.

IMHO the thing we are really seriously short of is patch reviewers.
Neil and Bruce and I seem to be the only ones doing that much at all,
and the main burden is falling on Bruce. More eyeballs would help
much more than throwing machines at the problem.