Postgres over SAN/iSCSI

From: Bill Pennington <bill(at)whitehatsec(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres over SAN/iSCSI
Date: 2008-06-05 16:33:58
Lists: sfpug

Does anyone have experience running Postgres and using an iSCSI SAN as storage? I am looking for options that let me grow storage capacity without downtime while maintaining a reasonable level of performance. iSCSI seems like it might work but I have 0 experience with the technology. Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

---
Bill Pennington
VP Services
WhiteHat Security Inc.