Re: bug: UNION

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Nabil Sayegh <nsmail(at)sayegh(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: bug: UNION
Date: 2000-12-05 20:17:35
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Nabil Sayegh <nsmail(at)sayegh(dot)de> writes:
> There seems to be a bug in postgresql concerning UNION.

Cross-datatype UNION doesn't work very well at all in existing releases.
I recommend making sure the constants in the second SELECT exactly match
the types of the variables in the first select, using explicit casts if
necessary. For example, since preis is float8, the 0 that's being
unioned with it should be written 0.0 or 0::float8.

I believe that mess is all fixed for 7.1.

> P.S.: Is there hope for OUTER JOIN in 7.1 ?

Done and working.