Re: CommitFest Wiki page annoyance

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CommitFest Wiki page annoyance
Date: 2008-04-22 16:40:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

> Bernd Helmle wrote:
>> It seems changes to the commit fest wiki pages are going to be
>> overwritten accidently when editing the page concurrently. At least, this
>> occured to me as i accidently removed entries done by Laurenz Albe and my
>> changes were overwritten by Alvaro Herrera again.....
>>
>> So developers need to be careful when editing their projects there.

> Hmm. I do click "show changes" before each commit, and I make sure no
> such thing shows up on the diff.

Does "show changes" diff against the latest version, or the one you
started to edit?

I can see this behavior becoming a real problem, particularly during
commit fest when multiple people might be updating the page. Can we
do anything to prevent collisions? As a first cut, I'd be happy if
it refused to let me commit if the page had changed from the version
I started to edit.