Re: PostgreSQL 7.0.2 Date Miscalculation

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Robert Hentosh <hentosh(at)io(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 7.0.2 Date Miscalculation
Date: 2001-04-03 14:17:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
> At 00:59 3/04/01 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> However, the horology diffs are not, and I can't reproduce them here.
>> Did anyone else see that?

> I've just started seeing both...

What is the date of the nearest daylight-savings transition in your
timezone?

Wait a minute ... considering that the regress tests run in PST8PDT,
your local timezone shouldn't make a difference. Maybe a platform-
specific issue? What platform (esp. which C library) do you use?

FWIW, as of this morning I'm back to no failure on timestamp test
(as expected), and still no horology failure either.