Re: Another issue with invalid XML values

From: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
To: Florian Pflug <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Another issue with invalid XML values
Date: 2011-07-25 18:37:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

--On 25. Juli 2011 19:57:40 +0200 Florian Pflug <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org> wrote:

> I got a theory. We do distinguish between libxml2 versions for which
> the structured and the generic error context handler share the error
> context (older ones), and those with don't (newer ones). Our configure
> scripts checks for the availability of xmlStructuredErrorContext, and
> defined HAVE_XMLSTRUCTUREDERRORCONTEXT if it is. Now, if for some reason
> that test fails on your machine, even though libxml *does* provide
> xmlStructuredErrorContext, then the safety-check in the error handler
> would check whether xmlGenericErrorContext is set as expected, when
> it really should check xmlStructuredErrorContext.
>
> Could you check if configure defines that macro? You should find
> it in the pg_config.h generated by configure.

This is what pg_config.h says:

% grep HAVE_XMLSTRUCTUREDERRORCONTEXT src/include/pg_config.h
/* #undef HAVE_XMLSTRUCTUREDERRORCONTEXT */

Ah, but i got now what's wrong here: configure is confusing both libxml2
installations, and a quick look into config.log proves that: it uses the
xml2-config from the OSX libs (my $PATH has /usr in front of the bindir of
MacPorts, though i seem to recall to have changed this in the past....).

So, all i need to do is

XML2_CONFIG=/opt/local/bin/xml2-config ./configure --with-libxml
--with-includes=/opt/local/include/ --with-libraries=/opt/local/lib

and everything is smooth:

% grep HAVE_XMLSTRUCTUREDERRORCONTEXT src/include/pg_config.h#define
HAVE_XMLSTRUCTUREDERRORCONTEXT 1

Regression tests passes now. This was too obvious...

--
Thanks

Bernd