Re: pkg-config files for libpq and ecpg

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pkg-config files for libpq and ecpg
Date: 2013-03-31 23:18:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Right, we need to keep libpq in CPPFLAGS, but we can remove it from
> SHLIB_LINK.

Buildfarm member anole says otherwise. I suspected something like that
might happen --- if memory serves, there are platforms where you have to
list all required libraries on the link line, even if some of them are
only indirect dependencies of shlibs you are linking in.

I think you need to revert 3780fc6.