Re: why use SCHEMA? any real-world examples?

From: "Markus Wollny" <Markus(dot)Wollny(at)computec(dot)de>
To: "Miles Keaton" <mileskeaton(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: why use SCHEMA? any real-world examples?
Date: 2004-11-25 09:15:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

It's really just a convenience-thing to organize your data in a more intuitive way. We're running several online magazines, each of those with a sort of "entity-database", but each with their own articles. So we've just put the entity-data in the public schema, whereas the magazine-specific data is going in their own schemata. That way we can simply use the very same queries for all of our magazines' applications, just by implementing the magazine-schema as a variable which is set at query-runtime.

Kind regards

Markus