Re: Can this be indexed?

From: "Markus Wollny" <Markus(dot)Wollny(at)computec(dot)de>
Subject: Re: Can this be indexed?
Date: 2004-11-08 09:33:45
Lists: pgsql-general

PostgreSQL doesn't provide pre-configured support for materialized views as such, but using some PL/pgSQL and triggers, one can easily implement any kind of materialized view as seen fit for the specific intended purpose (Snapshot, Eager, Lazy, Very Lazy).

You may find an excellent tutorial on materialized views with PostgreSQL here: http://jonathangardner.net/PostgreSQL/materialized_views/matviews.html