Re: windows consolidated cleanup

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: windows consolidated cleanup
Date: 2011-04-24 16:14:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> The hunk below looks a bit evil.
> At least a comment would be good to explain why this is necessary.

Yeah, having to cast away const seems uglier than the original problem.
Can't we avoid that?

BTW, all of my machines as well as the Single Unix Spec are agreed that
the second argument to send() is "const void *", not "const char *".
If we're going to tweak this I think we should make it match exactly.