Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Certification

From: Lewis Cunningham <lewisc(at)rocketmail(dot)com>
To: Erik Jones <erik(at)myemma(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Certification
Date: 2008-02-04 18:50:37
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

--- Erik Jones <erik(at)myemma(dot)com> wrote:

> On Feb 4, 2008, at 11:55 AM, Lewis Cunningham wrote:
>

> > I'd like to have many lists also. There are so many messages in
> > general that I have a hard time keeping up. I would like to be
> able
> > to just pick and choose those topics that interest me. Having
> one
> > for design, one for PL programming, one for SQL, etc would be
> great.
> > Sign up for those that interest you and ignore the rest.
>
> The sole argument I'd have against that, and I think it's a good
> one,
> is that just seeing the plethora of different topics moving through
>
> pgsql-general has been a key factor to exposing me to new topics as
>
> well as having already seen the solutions to issues well before
> I've
> encountered them.
>
> Erik Jones

That is a good point. I've learned things reading general that I
didn't even know I didn't know. ;-)

At the same time, I'm sure I miss things I need to know due to the
noise on the list. By noise I mean other topics not spam or
anything.

LewisC

Lewis R Cunningham

An Expert's Guide to Oracle Technology