Re: Error in 8.0 rc5 with repeat calls to array operator

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, Daniel Ceregatti <daniel(at)omnis(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Error in 8.0 rc5 with repeat calls to array operator
Date: 2005-01-17 02:35:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> However, we're found that if you run thousands of empty array comparisons in a
> few seconds/minutes, eventually the empty array comparison breaks, and you
> get:
> ERROR: cache lookup failed for function 0

I tried

while true; do echo "select '{}'::INT[] = '{}'::INT[];" ; done | psql regression >/dev/null

on a couple different platforms, with and without INTARRAY (which
isn't invoked by this query anyway, so I doubt it matters). I haven't
seen any misbehavior yet.

If you can reproduce this, please attach to the backend with gdb, set a
breakpoint at errfinish(), and get a stack traceback from the point of
the error.