Re: PostgreSQL Service on Windows does not start. ~ "is not a valid Win32 application"

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Rajeev rastogi <rajeev(dot)rastogi(at)huawei(dot)com>
Cc: Naoya Anzai <anzai-naoya(at)mxu(dot)nes(dot)nec(dot)co(dot)jp>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Akio Iwaasa <iwaasa(at)mxs(dot)nes(dot)nec(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Service on Windows does not start. ~ "is not a valid Win32 application"
Date: 2013-11-29 23:43:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Rajeev rastogi <rajeev(dot)rastogi(at)huawei(dot)com> writes:
> OK. Then I am moving it to "ready for committer".

I've committed this patch. I added a make_native_path() call to fix the
slashes-versus-backslashes issue noted by Christian Ullrich, since that
was an easy one-line addition. I didn't do anything about the
relative-path-for-the-data-directory issue. That would take a bit more
code and I'm not certain that we've fully analyzed the implications of
changing it. In any case it seems like a completely separate issue from
getting the executable pathname right.

Thanks for all your work on this! This code's been busted for a long
while ...