RE: [PORTS] NT Port -- semaphores + running postmaster as daemon (service?)

From: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "'Ted Nolan SRI Augusta GA'" <ted(at)ags(dot)ga(dot)erg(dot)sri(dot)com>, pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: RE: [PORTS] NT Port -- semaphores + running postmaster as daemon (service?)
Date: 1999-06-26 12:45:24
Lists: pgsql-ports

On Friday, June 25, 1999 6:22 PM, Ted Nolan SRI Augusta GA
[SMTP:ted(at)ags(dot)ga(dot)erg(dot)sri(dot)com] wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I've just put up the 6.5 NT port on our NT system. I'm getting some
> semaphore != 0 messages from the postmaster. It doesn't seem to be
> hurting anything.. is this normal?
Can't answer that one, sorry.

> Also, right now, to crank things up, I have to start the ipc-daemon by
> hand, then the postmaster by hand, and then psql. Is there any way to
> make the ipc-daemon and postmaster start at boot time? (I'm a Unix guy,
> so don't assume I know the "obvious" NT answer..)
You want to be looking at the "SRVANY" tool in the Resource Kit. I'm not
sure it works with Cygnus, but I see no reason why it shouldn't.
Check out http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q137/8/90.asp for
more information on it. There is also some documentation in the Resource Kit
(look for srvany.wri).

//Magnus