Re: strange index error

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Duncan Adams (DNS)" <duncan(dot)adams(at)vcontractor(dot)co(dot)za>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: strange index error
Date: 2002-02-12 15:21:12
Lists: pgsql-novice

"Duncan Adams (DNS)" <duncan(dot)adams(at)vcontractor(dot)co(dot)za> writes:
> i have the following, (bellow)

You sure you didn't do a "setval" that changed the sequence counter back
to about 10? It evidently had gotten as high as 129 at one point.

If there is anything funny here it's with the sequence, not the index.
We've heard a couple unrepeatable reports of sequences "losing count",
but I'm not entirely convinced that there's really a problem.