Re: The service did not respond to the start..

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Jason Tishler" <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
Cc: "Michael Adler" <adler(at)glimpser(dot)org>, "Liviu Taloi" <ltaloi(at)yahoo(dot)com>, "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: The service did not respond to the start..
Date: 2002-05-09 18:51:33
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I'm all for fixing these things, but at the time (aside from needing to
get things working so I could work on pgAdmin) I had just read a message
(I think from you in fact) about the upcoming builtin ipc support in
Cygwin and having seen no other reports of similar problems figured that
it was something peculiar to my system (which does get hacked about a
fair bit) and wasn't worth the trouble anyway as it would soon be
obsolete.

Of course, in hindsight I was probably 100% wrong but hey, why break the
habit of a lifetime :-)

Regards, Dave.

BTW Are you aware there is currently a rather busy thread about native
Windows/Beos ports on -hackers which is currently drifting towards a
cutdown Cygwin version?