Re: OSSP can be used in the windows environment now!

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OSSP can be used in the windows environment now!
Date: 2008-02-29 04:03:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> writes:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>>> If not, what do other people think about adding this Makefile and a
>>> README file to our contrib directory?
>>
>> Comments from others? Objections?

> If it's well documented which versions of MSVC++ work with it, and
> which versions of ossp-uuid, I don't see it as a major problem to
> include it. It's annoying for sure, but it's not the end of the world.

I'd like somebody to close the loop with upstream OSSP authors first.
If they don't see anything broken about the makefile, and indicate
intention to incorporate it in some future release, then it's okay to
put it in our CVS temporarily. If they don't like it then we'd better
understand why.

There's also the possibility that they put out a release including it
next week, in which case we hardly need it in our CVS.