Re: I am away through Thursday

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: I am away through Thursday
Date: 2005-06-27 02:44:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I will be in Maryland from Monday through Thursday doing training. I
> will have internet access so in the evenings I will be online to read
> email and apply patches.

> I realize this isn't an ideal time to be away but I didn't have much of
> a choice.

I think that actually applying patches is not the critical path right
now. We've agreed in the past that feature freeze deadline does not
mean "your patch has to be applied by the deadline"; it means "you have
to have a complete, credible patch submitted by the deadline". So what
core probably ought to be concentrating on is looking over submitted
patches and getting feedback to people whose patches still need work,
not on actually applying stuff.