Re: Can a windows DLL have more than one process attached?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: "Mikhail Terekhov" <terekhov(at)emc(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can a windows DLL have more than one process attached?
Date: 2001-12-02 15:32:12
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

"Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net> writes:
>> Is there some other DLL we could look in instead?

> I can't find a reference to one anywhere - except it's included by
> default in at least Win2k and later (with no extra loading of DLLs)

Well, we're down to the wire on 7.2, and I don't think there will be
any votes to postpone 7.2 release while we resolve this problem ;-).
So what I propose to do is remove the netmsg.dll code for now,
leaving only the FormatMessage(...FORMAT_MESSAGE_FROM_SYSTEM...) call
in winsock_strerror. This is still better than what we had in 7.1.
We can look for a better answer for older Windows flavors to add in
7.3 or later.

Any objections?