A couple of PG schedule reminders

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: A couple of PG schedule reminders
Date: 2008-02-29 03:23:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Don't forget that our first "commit fest" for 8.4 development starts
Saturday March 1. If you've got a patch that you'd like reviewed in
this fest, it's time to send it in. (But there's plenty more fests
to come, so don't panic about it.)

Also, 8.3.0 has been out for almost a month, so it's time to start
thinking about 8.3.1. The current plan is to freeze 8.3.1 on Thursday
Mar 13 for public announcement Monday Mar 17; though of course this
could change in the event of discovery of disastrous bugs.

A note about the relationship of these events: IMHO commit fest
should not affect our handling of maintenance of existing releases.
Investigation and patching of bugs that are in the field has always
had high priority regardless of where we are in a development/release
cycle, and I don't see commit fests as changing that. But if anyone
wants to argue for a different policy, feel free to do so...