Re: Can't import large objects in most recent cvs (20020531 -- approx 1pm PDT)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Ron Snyder <snyder(at)roguewave(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Can't import large objects in most recent cvs (20020531 -- approx 1pm PDT)
Date: 2002-05-31 22:24:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Ron Snyder <snyder(at)roguewave(dot)com> writes:
> I attempt to restore from a 7.2.1 created dump into my newly created
> 7.3devel database, I get this:

> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not create large object cross-reference
> table:

> I didn't find any mention of this on the hackers mail archive, so I thought
> I'd pass it on.

News to me; and I just tested that code a couple days ago after hacking
on it for schema support. Would you look in the postmaster log to see
exactly what error message the backend is issuing? Might help to run
pg_restore with "PGOPTIONS=--debug_print_query=1" so you can verify the
exact query that's failing, too.

(I've thought several times that we should clean up pg_dump and
pg_restore so that they report the failed query and backend message in
*all* cases; right now they're pretty haphazard about it.)