Re: Point in Time Recovery

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Point in Time Recovery
Date: 2004-07-16 14:48:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Also, when you are in recovery mode, how do you get out of recovery
> mode, meaning if you have a power failure, how do you prevent the system
> from doing another recovery? Do you remove the recovery.conf file?

I do not care for the idea of a recovery.conf file at all, and have been
intending to look to see what we'd need to do to not have one. I find
it hard to believe that there is anything one would put in it that is
really persistent state. The above concern shows why it shouldn't be
treated as a persistent configuration file.