Re: ATTN: Tom Lane

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: David Ford <david+cert(at)blue-labs(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ATTN: Tom Lane
Date: 2002-06-14 02:44:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

David Ford <david+cert(at)blue-labs(dot)org> writes:
> Tom, if you block everyone on cable, dialup, dsl, and adsl, then you're probably blocking a lot of legitimate mail.

David, let me explain this in words of one syllable: I am currently
rejecting upwards of 2000 spam messages per day. If I did not have
extremely stringent filters in place, email would be completely
useless to me.

Advice suggesting that I weaken my filters will be ignored with as much
grace as I can muster, which on most days is not a lot.

This is what comes of having several well-publicized email addresses :-(