Re: increase WAL_FILES

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Thomas T(dot) Thai" <tom(at)minnesota(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: increase WAL_FILES
Date: 2001-01-29 07:04:47
Lists: pgsql-general

"Thomas T. Thai" <tom(at)minnesota(dot)com> writes:
> how do i increase WAL_FILES and why is it telling me to do that?

See
http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/postgres/wal.htm
particularly the part about configuration parameters.

> DEBUG: XLogWrite: new log file created - try to increase WAL_FILES

I don't much like the wording of this message. Seems like
DEBUG: XLogWrite: new log file created - consider increasing WAL_FILES
would convey the idea more accurately. Comments, better ideas?